Tuesday, February 22, 2011

look, ma! I'm a real teacher!

I've been working at City Kids Child Development Center for about four and a half months now as a K-4 "teacher's aide," as they call it. For those of you who know anything about me, this job has been the hardest one I've ever had for many, many reasons. I've really struggled with being content where I am, and it wasn't until about a month ago that I truly gave over all my crazy emotions/feelings/discontent with it over to the Lord.

Then, last week, they called me into the office. Honestly, my first thought was "what have I done to a kid now?" because I've been accused by two different children on three different occasions of choking them and pinching their faces. Yes, that really happened. So, anyways, I got called into the office, and instead of giving me bad news, I actually received some rather incredible news. They offered me my very own classroom with my own four year-olds AND the 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. shift. Can you say THE LORD IS GOOD? Because He TOTALLY is! Fact: working until 6 p.m. every Monday through Friday was horrid. Absolutely horrid. I was never able to enjoy my evenings because it was already dark by the time I got off. Jesus definitely answers prayers, because you can bet I prayed to be able to enjoy my evenings again for months! I'm telling you, I don't think I've ever been so excited about an answered prayer.

I know I'm at City Kids for a reason. And I'm pretty sure that all of those reasons have already been revealed to me at some point or another. The only thing standing in the way of me enjoying my job has been me all along. Isn't it funny how soon after I completely gave the situation over to the Lord, I was given such a huge blessing? The Lord is faithful. He wants us to ask him for what we want. He wants us to believe that He will deliver. And He wants us to believe that we'll always be protected by Him love and mercy.

So, I start my new hours tomorrow! 6 a.m. is going to come WAY early, but all I've got to say is BRING IT ON! Come 4 o'clock tomorrow afternoon when I can enjoy the beautiful sunshine at last, I'll be praising my little heart out. In my excitement, Wilber and I went shopping for things for my room when I got off tonight. I could have bought everything in that place, but I did good. Wanna know how I know I did good? Well, that's easy: I've still got money in my bank account! Never mind how much; all that matters is that there's some there! ;)

 thank goodness for everything at the Dollar Tree being a dollar.
my bags are all packed and ready to go for in the morning. YAY!

God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good.

Ah-men, Ay-men. Thank you, Jesus.
that's how my kiddies end their blessing every day at lunch. pretty cute, huh? :o)

2 comments:

  1. Hales, I am so proud of you for your determination and stick-to-it-ed-ness!!! You're going to have a fabulous day tomorrow--I just know it!!! I love YOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The power of prayer is an AMAZING thing...that's all i have to say!!!

    SO SO glad you had a great first day!!!!! I loveeee you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...