Saturday, July 21, 2012

jones gap.

Today, the Bargerons adventured in another part of creation that we'd never seen before. We recently decided to explore a new trail each month, and this month's pick was Jones Gap. While it wasn't quite as strenuous (also known as producing many near death-like feelings) as Table Rock was, but it was still pretty tough. We chose to see what the Rainbow Falls Trail was all about, and it certainly did not disappoint. It was stunningly gorgeous; worth every uphill trek we made during the climb to the top. We were smitten!

After we headed back down, we chose to travel up the Jones Gap Trail a little ways more to check out the Jones Gap Falls. They may not have been as big as our first one of the day, but they still managed to take our breath away. Teesh even got gutsy and climbed up this one to touch the water as it was falling. My little dare devil, he is.

It was a tremendously successful continuation of our new family tradition, as mentioned earlier, and I'm already anxious for the explorations August has in store! One of the things I love most in this whole world is seeing the Lord's creativity with my own eyes; it pumps me up and makes me so thankful that I get to serve such a big God. Days like this remind me of how blessed I am to live in such a beautiful place, but even more so, they make me so excited to think of how magnificent it will be to stand in front of my Creator and Savior and enter into the most exquisite place ever made, one that I can't even begin to wrap my mind around.


"There is not one blade of grass, there is no color in this world that is not intended to make us rejoice."
-John Calvin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...