Friday, August 17, 2012

hugs and kisses.

Today was filled with lots and lots of those. Tackle hugs included, as well. Most of them occurred while tears were welling up in my eyes, but my heart was welling up even more so with thankfulness. That's what I spent most of today doing: simply thanking Jesus for the opportunity to love someone (or, in my case, someones) so much that my heart hurts when they're no longer with me. Yes, some of my tears were indicative of sorrow, but the majority of them were just pure joy pouring from my eyes. I may not make the most money and I may work way harder than I get credit for, but that's okay. I get to help raise children up. I get to encourage and inspire and get their brains churning and introduce them to new, unique ways of doing things. I get to teach them about life, all the while striving to help them preserve their innocence. I get to love them harder and harder with each passing day, and that, in itself, is the most rewarding thing I could ever ask to spend my life devoted to.

Folks, allow me to introduce you to the toughest day I've ever had to face as an employee at City Kids Child Development Center. The day that the kiddos who have been here with me since I began working here celebrated their last day with us. Big school awaits them, and, although I mourn, I am so proud of everything that I am confident they will accomplish throughout the years. It will be an honor to intercede on their behalf for years and years to come.

We even had a veeeeeery special visitor stop by for a while! They love them some TJ, that's for sure. I can't say I blame them. :)


"Those blessings are sweetest that are won with prayer and worn with thanks."
-Thomas Goodwin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...