Monday, August 19, 2013

farewell party.

Snack time in Ms. Anna's class was no ordinary snack time on Friday. Our plates were filled with cupcakes, pizza, bread sticks, cheetos, and cinnamon sticks, and we ate to our heart's contentment. All of our big boys and girls that are leaving us for K5 got balloons on their chairs, and we celebrated like never before in their honor. We even had three special visitors: Megan's mom and dad, and Miss Melanie. The kiddos were so excited to talk and sing and stuff their faces and have a dance party while I cleaned up the mess. Miss Melanie showed off her awesome dance moves, and they showed her all the groovy ones I've taught them over the years. We had the best time!

Ms. Anna only cried several times throughout the day, but that doesn't mean it was easy not to. I suppose the real tears will come on Tuesday when all of them leave me for good. Yep, I just had crocodile tears welp up in my eyes even as I typed those words. What a blessing it is to love so many boys and girls so unbelievably much. I'll never forget any of them, and it will continue to be one of my favorite things to do each day to pray over them every single morning. Being a pretend mom is seriously the best, and it pumps me up to think about how much fun it will be to be a real mom one day soon.

No goodbyes, only see-ya-laters. :)

Megan ("Meggers")                                              Aeydin ("Mossy")

Penelope ("Opey")                                            Kaya ("Kaya Papaya")

Angel ("Angeloooo")                                          Jakius ("Jakius Papayus")

Jasmine ("Jazzy")


"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about."
-Angela Schwindt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...