Friday, January 10, 2014

chapters.

Trust me, I heard Him say. I'll never leave you nor forsake you. I will lead you down paths of righteousness for My Name sake. My plans will prosper you as they draw you closer to Me. Seek Me and you will always find Me. Step out in faith and simply trust Me. 

So I decided to trust Him.

Today, I will live out my last day as the K4 teacher known as Ms. Anner Bananer at City Kids. There will be tears, just as they're pouring out even now, but I know I will be comforted through the falling of each one. I will give out hugs and kisses, most for the very last time, to my precious kiddos, and I won't want to let go as I hold them tight. I will tell my co-workers and directors goodbye, and pray that our paths will continue to cross, if even from a distance. Parents will be greeted by me for the last time, and when I tell them that I hope they have a great weekend, I'll know that, come Monday, I won't be hearing all about their adventures from their excited children. Leaving this place that I have eagerly reported to five days out of every week for the past three years will be one of the hardest things I've ever done. Change is never easy, especially not when you love the thing that's changing as much as I love this one. This will be the most difficult chapter I've ever closed for so many reasons.

As much as my heart aches for this day that I have dreaded for months to be upon me, I am really excited about the new chapter the Lord has opened up for me. On Wednesday, January 15th, 2013, I will be a student again! I will wake up early, probably overwhelmed with feelings of both excitement and nervousness, and drive three miles down the road to a school I've passed a million times. I never thought I'd ever pull onto any campus as a graduate student, but that's what I'll be when I arrive at Bob Jones University in just a few days. And, hopefully, by the end of this year, I will be holding a Masters of Science degree in Biblical Counselling with my name on it.

Turning the page and moving on to the next chapter may not be easy, but I am confident that it will be the best one yet. I serve a mighty God who loves me in spite of my imperfections and begs me to follow Him. It is my prayer that I would keep my eyes fixed on Him, even as potential struggles are already being placed in my mind by the enemy. I am so blessed to be in a state of grace, being used by the Father to shine His light into the darkness and help people find their way home, some for the very first time. I may not know what my post-graduate life will look like, but I know that as long as my focus remains on the Author + Perfecter of my faith, I will never be lead astray.

"In Christ alone, I place my trust and find my glory in the power of the cross. In every victory, let it be said of me: my Source of Strength, my Source of Hope is Christ alone."
(In Christ Alone, Brian Littrell)

1 comment:

  1. I hate that Morgan was sick today and couldn't make it. You are wonderful teacher and I know he loves you and will miss you greatly. We wish you well on your journey and look forward to following you on here. BIG HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...