Saturday, March 14, 2015

oaks of righteousness.

Last Saturday, the Bargerons went on their first family walk around the neighborhood. As we walked, we reflected on everything that has happened over the course of the previous eight weeks. A baby changes everything, there is no doubt about that, but every change that has taken place since our little one came into the world has been for our good + God's glory. We were blessed with a healthy, full-term pregnancy, which produced a healthy baby boy, and I am unbelievably grateful for that. Sure, the events that followed were less than ideal, but as I sit here and write these words to you as a new mom who has faced many trials since delivering, I also write to you as a mom whose baby boy was completely unaffected by it all. I have said this a million times, and I will say it over + over again for the rest of my life: I am so thankful that it was me and not him. I am aware, however, that this is not the story that every mom gets to tell.


This spring, on April 25th, I will be walking in the March for Babies in Greenville. I have learned many things over these past two months, but the thing I have learned most is that we need each other. None of us were created to walk through life alone, and the sooner we face that reality, the sooner we can help others learn to face it, too. Two of my friends both had babies this past week, and one of them mentioned participating in this walk together. I immediately said yes and quickly wrote it on my calendar, but instead of simply participating in the walk, I was convicted to take to this the community. My community. The community who has supported my family and me when we had have trouble finding the strength to stand. I come to you now asking you to do it again. Yes, this is a huge organization. And no, none of us will receive any worldly recognition for giving towards this research. We will, however, be playing a small-yet-vital role in helping those who can't help themselves.

A team has been set up, our goal is small, and we are looking forward to participating in this event with hundreds millions of others who are passionate about helping babies + mommies get what they need. Would you partner with us? The goal has been set, and now we need to come together to meet it. Even $5 will go a long way. I know many ladies who have experienced difficulty in pregnancy or given birth prematurely, and I'm sure you do, too. They each have a name. Let's do it for them, that their children who are born may grow into beautiful oak trees that glorify God, the One who created them + convicted us to fight for them.

Please donate here, and even consider walking with us in six Saturdays!

"to grant to those who mourn in Zion - to give them a beautiful headdress instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the garment of praise instead of a faint spirit; that they may be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he may be glorified."
Isaiah 61:3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...