Monday, June 8, 2015

fearfully + wonderfully made.

The moment I found out I was pregnant with our first baby, I fell to my knees with both hysterical laughter and uncontrollable tears leaving my body at the same time as I whispered the words "Thank you, Jesus" over and over again. TJ and I had been diligent about praying for our children since our wedding night, but having a teeny, tiny baby in my belly prompted me to kick those prayers into high gear. From then on, I began praying various, very specific, Scripture-breathed prayers over him. Even now, nearly five months post-postpartum, it is my most favorite thing to do.

One of the most incredible things about being a mommy so far has been the outpouring of love that we have received since B's birthday. I still have people come up to me and tell me that they pray for us regularly, and I can't adequately put into words exactly how much that means to me. I firmly believe that although TJ and I have been given the beautiful responsibility of being B's parents, we aren't the only ones raising him. We've got an army surrounding us, and I know we're on the winning side. God has given us everything that we have needed + asked for thus far in this new season of our lives, and I have no doubt that His provision + providence will continue to prevail throughout our little guy's whole life.

Yesterday morning, we stood in front of our Capstone family and committed to raising our son up in the admonition of the Lord. That's not a commitment that we take lightly or think little of, but rather it is one that we are passionate about. TJ and I firmly believe that Braxton will know Jesus Christ as Savior one day, and it is our responsibility to help him grow + mature in a way that is pleasing to Him. Eleven other families stood alongside of us, three of those being parents + kiddos that are especially dear to us, and we pledged to love Jesus so that our itty bitty ones will have an example before them. Aside from our wedding day, TJ and I have never been so excited to answer "We do" to something, and we are so unbelievably thankful for the opportunity, the gift, to be parents.

Our boy is fearfully and wonderfully made, and I can't wait for the day that he believes it for himself. A few weeks before we found out we were going to have a son, I began asking God to tell me the prayers He would have me to pray over the growing baby inside of me, and words like strong, courageous, bold, watchful, humble, obedient, and leader were what He gave to me. After these same words kept being repeated to me, I knew that He was growing a boy inside of me - and not just any boy, but a boy who would mature into a man and fearlessly lead people in the way of the Lord. I believed it then, I believe it now, and we are already seeing the fruit of those prayers.

May God receive glory in the life of Braxton Michael Bargeron, and may he learn to love Him in return, in part, by seeing his daddy + mommy love Him with their whole hearts.
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."
Joshua 1:9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...