Wednesday, March 30, 2016

birthday hike | sam knob trail.

For my birthday this year, I had one request: a family hike on a trail we've never done before. TJ made that wish come true, of course, and we headed towards Canton, NC for a day underneath the beaming sun above. We drove along the Blue Ridge Parkway for about twenty-five miles and stopped at the trailhead for Sam Knob Trail for a hike up to a stunning overlook. Miles and miles of trees that were all just beginning to turn green again were laid out across the landscape as we reached the summit, and it was a breathtaking sight.

My favorite sight, however, was those two boys who were adventuring just ahead of me. It's always better when the three of us are together, and this uninterrupted time with each other was the perfect way to spend that first afternoon of the next year of my life.

The only thing blue about this day was the beautiful sky above us. And if this day was any indication of how much wonder + wander this next year of my life will hold, I'm in for a good one.

We don't always adventure in the wild, but I can promise that no matter where we are, it's always a wild adventure!
Happy, happy birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...