Thursday, February 27, 2014

take two.

It had been a year and a half since we hiked up to Rainbow Falls, and we were pumped to travel back to Jones Gap for another adventure in the great outdoors together. We were fortunate enough to have two friends join us in our trek, which only added to our fun + enjoyment. Getting to the top was a workout, just as we remembered it to be (not to mention how my body decided it wasn't satisfied with its breakfast, and my head started spinning), but the beauty waiting for us at the end was worth every light-headed moment. It was, also, nice to have someone with legs more my size to walk with, so that neither of us had to feel pressured to keep up with our long-legged fellas. Hopefully this won't be the last time the Davidsons wander through the woods with us, because we loved every minute of it. The sovereignty of our God never ceases to amaze me, y'all; especially when He blesses our journeys + the conversations we have along the way.


"The lake and the mountains have become my landscape, my real world."
-Georges Simenon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...